Monday, January 19, 2015

Last Week in Alicante

Happy Martin Luther King day everybody!

Wow. This week. Where do I begin? It´s been quite the week.

We found out about transfers! I am being transferred to the border of Spain and....Great Britain! My new area will be La Linea de la Concepción. It´s right next to the British owned-city/peninsula. I´m really excited. It´ll be cool, because currently, there are no missionaries serving in La Linea. We will be opening it up for missionary work. I can´t wait. I have been talking with a returned missionary who is in our ward, and served her mission in Madrid about opening an area, and she says that it was one of the best experiences of her mission. It´s going to be hard, because we will be starting from ground zero, but it will also be a really good time to learn and grow. I´m really, really excited.

But about this week. I guess I should start off by saying that if there are two things that I absolutely cannot stand and they are being sick and saying goodbye. This past week, I´ve been pretty sick. The weather´s been cold and rainy, so we´ve been bundling up every time we go out and drinking lots of Cola Cao (this fantastic chocolate drink that I´ve discovered in Spain that´s pretty similar to hot chocolate). It´s been a pretty difficult week physically, but we´ve been working hard. Up until last night, which was interesting. We were having a goodbye dinner in the house of our primary president. I had been feeling pretty sick all night, and halfway through the dinner, had to run to the bathroom, and ended up throwing up. It was probably the most embarrassing moment of my mission yet. I just wanted to melt on the spot. But the mother was so nice. She kept telling me not to worry about it and made me this infusion that is supposed to help out with stomach problems. The members here are fantastic. I can´t believe I am going to be leaving them. We had a lot of goodbyes yesterday, and a lot of them were really hard. I am really going to miss Alicante. The people here have such strong testimonies and they have so much strength. I wish that I had their spiritual strength and ability.  A lot of them have become my role models. 

I was talking with Elder Sharp the other night about improvement. It really struck me some of the things that he said about how we will never be perfect. We can try, and we should always strive, but we will never be perfect. The important thing is just to keep doing our best, and that it what counts.  I think that´s something that applies to our lives. If we are doing what is right, and we are trying to do God´s will, he will bless our efforts and let us know that he is pleased with what we are doing.

A great end to my time in Alicante -- Tekki finally got baptized! On Saturday, we had her baptism. It´s been a very interesting ride with getting her baptism to work out, but she is a fantastic new member of the church. She got up in the last fast and testimony meeting and bore her testimony of how much she loves this Gospel. So cool. She´s only ten, but she has a testimony that makes her seem so much older. I wish that I´d had her strength when I was her age. She is incredible. 

This last week has been amazing, and Alicante has been amazing. I am going to miss it so much. I love it here. I´m going to miss it a lot. But, I am going to learn a lot in my next area. Well, I don´t have much time. But I just wanted to say thanks for all that you do for me, for the love and support that you always give. You all are fantastic.

It´s a great day to be a missionary!

Elder Weenig
The Magaña family who would feed us every week. Great family.

Roza and her family. I am going to miss them

No comments:

Post a Comment