Monday, August 10, 2015

Fuengirola

Fuengirola, how do I love thee? I´m NOT going to count the ways today, but I am really happy to be in this city. I really can´t believe that we are emailing again. What they told us in the MTC really is true: "The days can feel like weeks and the weeks can feel like days." This last week has flown by. But it´s been an incredible week.


Starting off the week, we had our council of the mission, which was great. Basically, all the leaders of the mission come together and we sit in a circle and talk about how we can improve the mission. This time we talked about how to be full purpose missionaries, and it really stuck out to me about the difference of being here for two years, or serving here for two years. It´s a cool difference. It´s one that I want to be able to emphasize on my mission.
Last week was amazing. Martins and his family are progressing so well. They fully accepted commandments that are normally difficult for others to keep. It´s been pretty miraculous. We did splits yesterday with one of the senior missionaries in our branch and I was with our branch president. It´s so cool the situation that we have here. Martins and his family speak English, and are attending our International English Branch. In no other part of our mission is there a branch like this, that gives us the opportunity to teach someone in English. It´s great. We are hoping and praying for their baptism in a couple of weeks. They are a great family.

Liseth is doing well. She still has not been able to come to church because her mother will not allow her to come. We are working to be able to meet with the mother so that we can explain a little bit more to her, and also to invite her to come to church. We have been able to teach her in the house of a member that lives right next door. We will keep praying for her, and I´m sure that we will see more miracles to come with her. 

We have seen a lot of progress, I´m sorry that this email is pretty short, but I just want you to know that I am so grateful to be out here. I just read a talk about missions and that our life´s greatest project should be ourselves. I am so grateful that I´m out on a mission, because it is the best thing that I could be doing with my life. It´s been a blessing for me everyday, and I´m so happy that I have this opportunity. It really is a great day to be a missionary.

I love you all!
Elder Weenig
Mission Council

No comments:

Post a Comment