Sunday, September 27, 2015

"To Love Another Person is to See the Face of God"

Elder Christofferson once said "It's amazing that God lets us, with all of our faults and our inabilities, handle the fine china of His work. In fact, it's remarkable that He even lets us in the house." In the case of Elder Weenig it's especially impressive because I think that a lot of the time he must think that it's time to pull out the plastic cups and keep Elder Weenig far distant. I really am very,very lucky to be a part of this work. Even though I make a lot of mistakes.

I got my replacement this week! He is a really good guy, his name is Elder Gantner from Switzerland. He's leaning really quickly, so I think I will be leaving the office soon. I still don't know where I am going, but I should know relatively soon.

Every time we have a baptism I think of the words to a song at the end of Les Miserables which says 'to love another person is to see the face of God'. One of my companions started singing it after we had dropped off the baptismal dress for my first baptism and it has stuck with me ever since. You know what? I think that the purest way to love someone is to be able to see them come unto Christ through baptism. In that way we really do 'see the face of God'. It may sound a little cheesy, but I really do honestly believe it. Maybe that's why I love the look on people's face when they come up out of the water. Martins and his family will be baptized this week. Tonight actually. At seven thirty. We have really been blessed to be able to work with them and to help prepare them for baptism. We were going over the baptismal questions with them a couple of days ago, not only did they answer every single one of the questions perfectly, but they talked about how they read the Book of Mormon when they are stressed and Martins told us that he has been reading the teachings of the prophet Joseph Smith. They are awesome, I will send you a picture of the baptism next week.


What a great day to be a missionary!

I love you all,
Elder Weenig


Handing the phone off to Elder Gantner

No comments:

Post a Comment