Monday, October 26, 2015

Granada Week Two

What an incredible last week.

I don't have a lot of time today, so I think that I will focus on one miracle that we were able to see this last week. We work, aside from just inside Granada, in the surrounding towns. We were in one of them this last Friday teaching in an Internet cafe. We decided to do splits with the member that had come with us. I stayed with the member in the cafe while my companions went to teach another investigator in another part of town. The woman that we were there to teach was very busy tending to customers, but she wanted to talk with us, so we sat down, and spoke with her for a few minutes. But we kept getting interrupted and she had to keep leaving. She ended up inviting her friend to come and sit with us and start listening. The friend sat down and started to listen to our message and was immediately interested. She told us that she had been looking for something like this her whole life. She told us that she was disappointed in her religion, and was looking for something that had all of the answers. As we talked, she told us about how she would like to know more, so we invited her to church. On Sunday, we called to see how she was coming along and she told us that she was at the bus stop with our other investigator ready to come to church. They arrived and absolutely loved it. At the end of gospel principles class, she stood up and thanked the teacher and bore her testimony about how she had felt and that she wanted to continue in this church. It was an incredible miracle bearing in mind that the first time that she had heard of the church was just two days before.

This last week has been great. Full of exchanges with the district leaders from around the Granada Zone. I had the opportunity to travel to Jaen and meet with a lot of members up there. It was also a really good learning experience for me to learn from the missionaries there.


It's pretty crazy, our days our packed, but I love every single minute. I love my companions and I love this area. We are seeing a lot of miracles and I know that a lot more are going to come. It will keep being a great day to be a missionary.

I love you all!
Elder Weenig

With Elders Fife (Hyde Park, UT) and Gantner (Switzerland) -- Last Transfer

Elder Black's Birthday
Elder McConnaughey (So. California), Me and Elder Black (Scotland) with Shirley, who made the cake for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment