Tuesday, November 3, 2015

On the Road

In our mission, there are a number of large cities, but the largest by far is Sevilla, the capital of Andalucia. It's often said about Sevilla that it was the city built for a queen. When I first got the news that I was going to Granada, I heard a saying: "While Sevilla was the city built for a queen, Granada was the city built for a king." Yes. I agree completely. I love this place. To explain a little bit better about our area, you have to understand the geography for Granada. Granada is more or less the center of a number of pueblos or small towns that surround Granada. We don't work a lot in the city of Granada, because our the majority of our work is in the small towns. For that reason, we have a car. Which is actually from where I am writing you. We are on our way down to Fuengirola for mission leadership council. For that reason, this email may be a little bit shorter, but I will try and describe how this last week has been.

First off, we have seen a lot of miracles working with two investigators named Gisel and Nelly, I believe that I spoke to you about them last week, but they are both progressing so well. Gisel, who is about 19 years old, talked to her parents about her interest in the church. She told us that both her parents were very much against it. Her mother supposedly told her that the church of the Mormons was evil and other anti-Mormon doctrine. But Gisel, rather than backing down, told her mother that she believed that this is the church of Jesus Christ. However, She still feels like she needs a little bit more time before she gets baptized. So keep her in your prayers. She is reading the Book of Mormon and loves it. She told us that the picture of Christ appearing to the people of the Americas after his resurrection really touched her heart. She told us that it looked as though they had found something. How grateful I am that Gisel has found something.


Nelly really has progressed so well. When she found out that it was okay for Mormons to celebrate Halloween, she jokingly told us that it was time for her to be baptized. She still is progressing.

I love it here. I love Granada and I love my companions. Thank you all for all that you do. It really is a great day to be a missionary.

Love,
Elder Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment