Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

It´s the end of November and sunny outside. I really can´t believe it. The members tell us that it is actually pretty unusual. But we are not complaining. For our p-day today, we played soccer as a district. It was really fun. Supposedly though, the cold starts in December. So we will see how the temperature is in about a month.
This last week flew by. It was also one of those weeks where you can´t believe that it all happened in one week. It´s been a pretty great week.

Big news: We spoke with Nelly this week! She called Gisel and while we were there we were able to speak with her. She is doing well. She says that when she goes to church that she looks for us. We miss her a lot. But hopefully, I will still be here in Granada when she comes back in March.

Other big news: Martins and his family moved to Italy (close to Rome). They actually originally lived in Italy and had only moved to Spain temporarily. They sent us an email and asked for the Italy missionaries' phone number so they could get in contact with them. They are doing well. Before they moved, Martins had received the priesthood.

Gisel is doing so well. My companion and I feel kind of useless sometimes as we teach her because she has such a great knowledge of the gospel. In fact, she has been taking her cousin to church for about three weeks now. Her cousin is 7 years old and has been attending primary. We had the primary program on Sunday, Her cousin participated. It was crazy, because at first I thought she was just a daughter of one of the members. I did a double take when I realized that it was Gisel´s cousin. It got even better when she recited her line for the program: ´When I am baptized, I choose to follow Jesus´. Which made my companion and I look at each other and smile. I really hope that we are able to begin to teach the rest of Gisel´s family. It´s Gisel´s goal as well. We had a really cool lesson with her a couple of days ago. We were in our usual cafeteria, teaching a lesson, but this time we were teaching with a member from Algeciras! Her name is Claudia and she´s pretty fantastic. The day that we began teaching Gisel, Elder Black (who also served in Algeciras) and I talked about how Gisel reminded us a lot of Claudia. So we put the two of them in contact and have been really happy about how well they have gotten along. Gisel has told us many times that she wants to serve a mission, and Claudia finished her mission about a year ago, so it was a perfect situation to teach. We got permission from President Andersen, and we were able to teach with her. It was great.

I don´t have much time today. But I just want to say how grateful I am to be out here. I really am grateful. It´s a great day to be a missionary.

Love,
Elder Weenig


Celebrating Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment