Monday, March 21, 2016

Gabriela's Baptism

We just got back from the Alhambra. It's my second time and even still, I feel like we barely saw anything of it. I love Granada. It's such a cool culture. A perfect mix of ancient and modern. I wouldn't mind coming back to study after the mission.

Anyway, the major event of the week is the title of the email. Gabriela was baptized! Such a great experience. She told us that she has been thinking about going on a mission, because of Jhizel's influence. So awesome. During the baptism they were sitting together, and I couldn't help but think of two missionaries. It will be such a good day when they finally go on a mission. So cool.  Jhizel is also now the president of the institute class that we have here. We were meeting with Gabriela the day before her baptism. We asked her how she was doing, and noticed that she had cut her hair. When we commented about it, she laughed and said, "Of course! I'm starting a new life tomorrow, I might as well look my best." What an incredible experience. She has changed so much. A night and day difference. I feel so lucky to have been a part of her story. The best part about this is that it's only the beginning. There is still so much to see -- when they go to the temple, when they leave on missions, and when they get sealed in the temple. I may live on the other side of the Atlantic, but I am going to try and be there for as much as I can.

I love this so much. I love being a part of this work. It really is so amazing. Seeing people change their lives completely. The first person that it has changed would be me.


What a great day to be a missionary!


Elder Weenig





Gabriela's Baptism with Elder Ylimaulo

Jhizel, Gabriela, Me and Elder Ylimaulo
The Alhambra

No comments:

Post a Comment