Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Transfers

I really feel like we just emailed. It's crazy how quickly the weeks go by. The big news for the week: transfers came....And I am staying in Granada. I am very happy. There are going to be a number of miracles this upcoming transfer. I'm especially grateful because this is an unusual amount of time in an area. Usually, the max is four transfers, and when I leave, it will be close to five. I'm really glad to stay.

There are two really cool miracles that I would like to share this last week. Gabriela, the girl who is preparing for baptism, originally had offered the sister missionaries cigarettes at the baptism of Jhizel. So, naturally, we were worried about how teaching Word of Wisdom would go. Fortunately, when we taught it, she instantly agreed to everything and was completely willing to obey the commandment. That's a response that we don't get too often. Usually, we hear a few objections to tea and coffee, (people generally accept that tobacco and drugs are bad for you) but she was completely willing. Fantastic. We are really excited for her. She set the goal to be baptized on the 27th of March, which is also Easter, which I think would be he best way to remember a baptism. The celebration of the resurrection of Christ coupled with the beginning of a new life. Perfect.

The second miracle comes from Lili. She tells us every week that she has so many doubts and is very unsure about the church. But when the other missionaries were saying goodbye to the members at church, she came up to me and asked, "You're not leaving as well, are you?" When I told her that no, I wasn't, she got a very relieved looked on her face. She smiled for a second then said, "Good, because you have to baptize me." Both Elder Ylimaula and I were shocked. Up until this point she had made no notion that she intended on being baptized anytime in the near future (if at all). But her comment showed that she wasn't just thinking about being baptized, she has been planning out he possibilities. Please pray for her. We are hoping and praying every day that she is able to get her answer so that she can be baptized. She would be a strong member.


I want you all to know that I am so grateful for the time that I have here. I am starting to realize how short the time is that I have left, and I want to make the most of it. I love being a missionary. I would recommend it to anyone. It makes you so happy. When you aren't happy, it's because you are too focused on yourself. It's the perfect way to live. I genuinely wish that I could stay here for another two years. Regardless of the amount of time, I have a goal to make everyday a great day to be a missionary.

Love,
Elder Weenig



The Granada Zone
You might recognize some of these guys. They are all my companions
still in the mission (Right to left, Elders Gantner and Fife from
Fuengirola, me, Elder Holman from La Linea, Elders Black and Ylimaula
from Granada)

Eating at a Wok after residency


No comments:

Post a Comment