Monday, November 17, 2014

Alicante is Amazing

This week has been very busy. We have been praying, fasting, and working our hardest to make miracles. It's sometimes a little discouraging when things don't work out the way that you want them to, but one thing that I've learned is that we need to keep going, even though it is difficult. 

I have an awesome companion. Elder Sharp and I get along really well, and I am learning a lot from him. We have worked hard this week to apply a new method of teaching President Deere taught us. We both realized that we rely on the 'talk and tell' method of teaching, which is easier.  We are trying out President Deere's method, the method of observing, listening, discerning, and then teaching which really makes a difference.  We have been able to see the difference in how our investigators respond to how we teach. 

Last week, we had the opportunity to teach with President Deere. It was awesome! We met in our chapel and taught a recent convert and one of our investigators. He taught us to really listen to our investigators and to cater the lesson to their needs. It was a very cool experience. 

Another really cool experience that we had happened in a fruit stand. We walked in and while we were waiting in line, a man asked us if he could talk to us about our religion really quickly because he had seen missionaries like us before. His name is Jaime, and he is very spiritual, and has an amazing relationship with God.  We returned the next day and met his wife, Diana. They both said that they had seen us walk by, and had thought it was a normal for there to be a dark haired companion with a blonde one. They are from Columbia, and they had seen missionaries who apparently look just like us, one with dark hair and the other blonde. We gave them a Book of Mormon and are meeting with them tomorrow, so we are very hopeful that we will be able to teach them more about our church. 

I'm also learning to love seafood, which I would never eat before my mission.  I was on intercambios (exchanges) with my zone leader, and we were visiting this lady to give her a blessing.  We walked into her house and smell of seafood just about caused me to fall over dead. To top things off, she walks in with a fish, cooked, with the head, tail, scales, bones, and all the sweet, sweet goodness of fishiness. Plus, guess what the side dish was? Tomato. My literally least favorite (or used to be, they eat it lots in Spain so I definitely will like it when I come back) vegetable. Yay.  I prayed the entire meal. 

We are working very, very hard. Harder than I have worked in my entire life. It's very difficult being a missionary, but I know that it is very much worth it. We may have to go through a lot of trials, pains, and setbacks before we reach our end goal, but I know that God does prepare a way. It may seem impossible while we are passing through it, but I know that with Him we can do all things. One thing that has been testified to me this past week is that after the trial of our faith come the blessings, and that includes physical, mental, and spiritual. If we are fighting through a problem in our testimony, we only receive a testimony after we have prayed and tried to gain the testimony for ourselves. God answers prayers and is in the details of our lives. 

I love you all, Thank you all for your love and support!

Elder Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment