Monday, November 10, 2014

I Love Being a Missionary

I love being a missionary. I really, really do. I can´t even express how grateful I am for this opportunity. Every day we get the chance to just go out and talk to people, to tell them about how willing we are to help them through the gospel to improve their lives and we can see it in people´s lives. Spain is amazing. The culture, people and everything here is amazing.

Today, my companion and I made Paella and tortilla de patatas. AMAZING. This food isn´t like anything that I´ve ever tasted, but I love it. Paella is rice, with other ingredients added, generally seafood in Alicante. Alicante actually has hundreds of different distinct forms of Paella. It´s incredible. An awesome member showed us how to make it, as well as tortilla de patatas. Tortilla de patatas is a Spanish tortilla, and is not your regular tortilla that you envision. It is about an inch thick, and is made from eggs and potatoes. It´s something I want to make for the rest of my life.

This past week has been pretty busy. We have a baptism this Saturday, whose name is Tekki. She´s great, she´s ten years old, and has a lot of desire to get baptized. She´s also incredibly smart, she really understood what we taught her, and knows how to apply it in real life, which is more than I would be able to do at ten years old.

This gospel that we are involved in is amazing. I cannot tell you how blessed I feel to be able to a part of this work, because it is literally the best thing that we can do with our lives.

My companion and I are setting up a game plan to make our area grow in a huge way, and we are really excited. We just had interviews with our mission president, who has given us a lot of great ideas on how we can make it grow. We have the opportunity tonight to have President Deere come with us to some appointments that we have with investigators, so he will be giving us a lot of pointers, and I am really excited to see how we can make this area grow and bring lots of God´s children to him.

I love this work. I can personally testify that God is in the details of our lives and that he really wants us to return to live with him and to be happy. I know that by living the Gospel, we can be happy, even though it will be difficult. I know that God will work miracles in our lives, if we only ask. He wants to give us blessings, and will give it to us, if all we do is ask and give him our all and what we do is not a huge part. He just asks us to do our best and when we do, he will provide the way for the rest of everything to come about. 

I love you all so much. I can´t tell you how grateful I am to be out on a mission, and I thank you for your love and support, it really means a lot to me. 

Love,

Elder Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment