Monday, July 6, 2015

Goodbye to Some Deere Friends, and Welcome to the Andersens

Hello!


So yes, we have now switched mission presidents. Crazy. Absolutely crazy. That really has been the focus of this last week. 

We had our last meeting with the Deeres on Monday morning. The next day was crazy. We waited for the Andersens to come in at 7 pm. Unfortunately, something happened with their flight, and they ended up getting in at midnight. The Deeres had asked my companion and I to wait for the Andersen's at the mission home to welcome them into the mission home and to be there for them.We ended up having to wait for a long time (until 1:00 a.m), and so we sat outside the mission home for a while. While we were sitting there, I heard a noise coming up the road. Bear in mind, that there is only one street light on that road. The road right outside of the mission home has a lot of bends and you can only see a part of the street, so we didn´t know what the noise was. It sounded like someone was carrying something metal up the street. So what goes through my mind? The stories Hermana Deere had told us about Gypsies roaming the streets at night trying to break into houses. I also thought that this was going to end up being one of those horror-stories-examples about why missionaries should always be to bed on time. Anyway, so I am getting ready to run or get back in our car and drive off when around the corner comes...a wiener dog with this weird metal thing around its neck that was making a lot of noise. Anti climatic, right? But really, that night felt very long, but we were able to meet the Andersens! They are fantastic. We were there to see the ceremonial passing off of the keys. It was pretty intense. My companion and I drove the Deeres to the airport.  It was a weird feeling to say goodbye to them. We are going to miss them. They really have made such a huge difference in my life, and I´m really glad to have had them as Mission President and Wife.

We´ve been able to work in Fuengirola this past week. It´s really made such a difference in our proselyting efforts, and I am so happy that we have been able to get out and work. I love it. For example, we visited a Chilean family and were teaching them the message of the restoration, and I don´t know what it was about that lesson in particular, but I felt something strong during that lesson. Something powerful about what we were teaching. It reminded me of how amazing our message is. We know what is really going on in the world. When a scientist even discovers the smallest discovery in understanding of how our world works, we tell the whole world. We have that with the Gospel! We should try to share it with as many people as we can, even if it is just through our actions.

I really am so glad to be working here as a missionary. It has made the biggest difference in my life, and I feel so blessed. Thank you all for all that you do. I love you all! It´s a great day to be a missionary!

Elder Weenig

With President and Hermana Deere, President and Hermana Andersen, and Elder Fife
Selfie shot as we dropped President and Hermana Deere off at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment