Monday, June 29, 2015

Goodbye to the Deeres and Hello to the Andersens!

A busy week, but it´s been an incredible week. We have been prepping for the arrival of President and Hermana Andersen tomorrow. I do not know if you have ever heard this before, but I know that it´s true: the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days on the mission. It is very, very true. Especially here in the office. We've been busy with trying to balance studying for our driving test, getting ready for a new president, getting transfers ready, adjusting to ipad bugs and on top of that, we are moving offices in about two weeks. Yay.


Hey, but cool little experience this last week. I don´t know if you remember my MTC comp, Elder Voss? He is serving in Madrid and is in the office there. This last week I called up there for some questions, and got to talk to him for a little bit. After telling him how much better Malaga was than Madrid, I realized how long it has been since I have seen him! He´s a stud. It´s been such a great journey.

Actually, being in the office really has been a huge blessing. I´m learning that you can´t procrastinate anything and you need to be organized. Something that I believe mom really tried to teach me. Unfortunately, I didn´t really learn that until things depended on it. So thank you mom, for being very patient, sorry it took me so long :)

Today was great. It really was. All of the missionaries from Fuengirola and Málaga had the opportunity to go with President and Hermana Deere on a hike nearby. We started singing the mission hymn up at the top of the mountain that we climbed. So good. We are going to miss them a lot.  They have done a lot for this mission, and I am so grateful that I have gotten to be here while they served.

We have worked hard to get more proselyting in our day.  Now we have a solid schedule. We have been able to get it to about half and half. We do office work in the morning and are able to get out and work during the afternoons. I miss being able to do full time proselyting, but we have been able to see a lot of miracles. We received a really cool reference from Chile. A mother and her children live here in Spain and have not been able to get to church. We visited them. They are fantastic, and have such a huge desire to go to church. Such a cool experience. We are starting up a family night with them tonight. They don´t live in Fuengirola, which makes it difficult to get them to church, but we are going to see if we can get members that live near them to take them to church. The members here in Fuengirola are great.

It´s been a crazy big week. Lots of great moments. I think my favorite moment in the day is when we get to go out and speak with people. We get told by a lot of people that they have ´prisa´ which is basically saying that ´I am busy´. But one of the coolest experiences is when we get to say that we are representatives of Jesus Christ, and that we are here to invite others to come unto Him. Although many tell us no and that they are not interested, it really strengthens my personal testimony. That is what makes it a great day to be a missionary. 

Love you all!

Elder Weenig
Hermana and President Deere

No comments:

Post a Comment