Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

This week has gone very well. We were blessed with a lot of investigators at church. Lily who is the girl that I talked about last time is doing very well. Her little sister has come to church and she asks very good questions about the gospel. We are trying to help her overcome some doubts that she has. She has been reading in the Book of Mormon and listening to General Conference. We are very hopeful that she will decide to be baptized soon.


Gisele has actually started to help us teach her friend Brenda, who I talked about last time. Brenda is doing very well and is progressing. Actually, last time we taught her, she told us that she has started to have faith. She is incredible, really. She has started to change and is praying. When we invited her to repent, she said, "Right here? In front of you guys?" She's progressing, slowly but surely.


We are very busy. This is one of the busiest times of my mission. We have a number of investigators with a lot of potential and hope to see some progress soon.


In terms of weather, it has actually gotten pretty cold all of a sudden. About an average of 6 degrees Celsius, not sure what that is in Fahrenheit (
43 degrees),  but it's been pretty chilly, at least in terms of southern Spain.

At church this week, they were talking about love. Go figure, love, Valentine's Day, and missionaries. It's a topic that missionaries tend to have an aversion to. But while I was sitting there, the woman speaking talked about devotion and why we are devoted. It made me think about my devotion to my mission. It also made me think about things that I need to improve on. Which then got me distracted by how long the list was. But in all honesty, I really love this opportunity and would not trade it for anything. We are trying our best to be the best missionaries we can and we are seeing a lot of blessings.


Every day really is a great day to be a missionary!


I love you all,
Elder Weenig


With Elder Ylimaula (Finland) at the mission home.

Valentines Day Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment