Monday, May 2, 2016

Elche

So when people said that there are more palm trees than people, they weren't joking. Elche is full of Palm trees. It's been a pretty crazy week. A really good one though.

My new companion's name is Elder Smith, from Idaho. He is a really good kid, and a hard worker. He has about 7 months in the mission. We are currently in the Elche 1st Ward. The members are fantastic. I am excited to get the work going in Elche. Leaving Granada was difficult. I love Granada, but I am glad that the memories and people there are still going to be there after the mission. It was a great time, and I am very happy to have been there for so long.

Transferring  to Elche was kind of like coming back to where I started my mission. It is very close to Alicante, and so I have already seen members that I knew in Alicante. Pretty crazy, but the weirdest moment of the week was seeing an old companion, Elder Sharp. He was back visiting his old areas, and it turns out he was here the very day I got into Elche. It's been over a year since he went home. It was cool to see him again. This area is pretty different from Granada. We don't have a car, so it's weird getting used to walking everywhere again after having been in a car for over a year. But we are going to see a lot of miracles in this area. We will have to work hard, but I feel that we will baptize here. I have never felt so much pressure in my mission. A lot to do, and not a lot of time to get it all done. So we are going to take advantage of every moment and find those people who are ready.


It really is a great day to be a missionary.

Love
Elder Weenig



With Elder Sharp
First day in Elche

No comments:

Post a Comment