Monday, May 30, 2016

Jacob 5:62

I'm never really sure how to start these letters. But I think I will start off with the news from this week. Transfers came. Elder Smith will be leaving to Torremolinos, a city close to Malaga. Coming in his place will be Elder Pesce, from Chile. We are going to work hard. We have a lot of really good people in this area that we have been able to find. We continue to find people. For example, Wilmer. He is a man that we spoke to on the street. He is believing, but doesn't really have any specific desires to become part of a church. Wilmer, during our first appointment, told us that he really doesn't have any desires to join a church. But after the first discussion, he told us that he would like to come to church. Yesterday he came. I love it when an investigator comes to church, because the ward here just takes them under their wing. The ward really has a special gift for loving the people. We will see how he progresses. He is studying with another church right now. But we are hoping he will read from the Book of Mormon.

Mari. She is in the hospital. When we walked into the hospital room to visit her, she set down the Book of Mormon that she had been reading! So good. She is progressing, even though she isn't able to come to church. We are hoping that she is better soon. She has accepted a baptismal date and is really working to change a lot of things in her life. She is a fighter, and is really admirable. She has so many stories about her life, and the things that she has gone through. It's inspiring.

So, in relation to the title. That particular scripture has been going through my mind time and time again this last week. It comes from the allegory of the vineyard found in Jacob 5. The Lord of the vineyard is speaking to his servant, and says to him, "Wherefore, let us go to and labor with our might this last time" It has made me think about the effort that I want to be giving my entire mission. I want to be working with all of my 'might' to be able to bring people to Christ. There's a lot of things to do. So I will make every day of this time that I have a great day to be a missionary.

Love,
Elder Weenig

With Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment